Palak(Spinach) and onion pakoda
Palak(Spinach) and Onion Pakoda
A Salad of vegetables to be eaten along with the pakoda...
1. Palak (Spinach) 1 small bunch( cut nicely)
2. Onions ((medium size) 1 (cut into small dices)
3. Besan (chick pea flour) 100 gms
4. Salt 1 table spoon
5. Ginger 1 small piece(grate it nicely)
6. Green chilli 1 (cut into small pieces)
7. Cumin powder 1/2 a tea spoon
8.Water around 1/2 small cup
9. Oil for fry 200 gms
1. In wide bowl take finely cut palak(spinach), onion dices, besan(chick-pea flour), salt, green chilli pieces, grated ginger and cumin powder. mix these ingredients well. add water in small portions till it becomes a thick batter.
2. Heat oil in a wide based, heavy bottom pan, slide one spoon of batter slowly into hot oil, fry up to golden brown and crisp. (2 or 3 more spoons of the batter may be slided in depending on the size of the pan)
3. Remove the pakoda onto an oil absorbing paper.
4. Serve with tomato onion salad topped with some lemon.