Basmathi Rice is a fragrant long grain Rice grown in India. Unlike ordinary long grain rice the light, fluffy texture of Basmati’s long, slender grains offers the palate a totally different experience in terms of mouth-feel and taste – distinctive, unique and slightly ‘nutty’. This beautiful aromatic Rice need a lttle attention to cook than other rice varieties. It can be cooked very delicately. Today's my post is traditional method of cooking Basmathi Rice.
- Basmathi Rice 1 cup
- Butter or Ghee 1 tea spoon
- Salt to taste.
- Wash and Rince rice for 2 to 3 times.
- Soak rice in a pure water.,(2 cups water needed to soak) for 20 minutes.
- Boil 4 cups water in a thick bottomed pan in a high flame ,when water comes for boiling point reduce the heat and add little amount of Butter or Ghee and Salt.
- Now strain water from soaked rice add this rice to boiling water and mix gently and cook in a medium flame till Rice to fluffy.Off the flame
- Then strain in a strainer and take out to pan and keep it on stove top for few minutes till water to absorb. Then add little amount of Butter or Ghee and off the flame and cover,wait for few mintes to serve.