Bendakaya Pulusu- Okra Tangy and sweet Recipe
Bendakaya Pulusu or Vendakai Puli Khulambu is a simple tangy and mild spicy gravy side dish in all South Indian homes.
- Bendakaya (Ladiesfinger) 250gms
- Onions 1
- Tomato 1
- Tamarind 50gms ( soak in 1/2 cup hot water and or can use 2 tea spoons tamarind pulp))
- Sugar or Jagery 2 tea spoons
- Red chilli powder 1 tea spoon
- Fenugreek powder 1 tea spoon
- Coriander powder 1 tea spoon
- Rice flour 1 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1 tea spoon
- Vegetable oil 1 table spoon
- Whole red chilli 1 (make it into half)
- Mustard seeds 1 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Fenugreek seeds 1/4 tea spoon
- Bengal gram 1/2 tea spoon
- Black gram 1/2 tea spoon
- Asafoeteda 1/2 tea spoon
- Curry leaves few
- Clean and dry Bendakaya(Ladies finger) and cut into half(cut both the ends of ladies finger and discord)
- Cut Onions and Tomatoes into big pieces.
- Heat Oil in a pan in a medium heat add Asafoeteda,Bengal gram,Black gram fry few minutes then add Cumin seeds,Fenugreek seeds,Mustard seeds for fry few minutes till to seeds splutter and add curry leaves.
- Now add Onion pieces fry for few minutes and add Tomatoes shallow fry for few minutes then add Ladies finger (Bendakaya) fry for few minutes add Tamarind juice mix well add Turmeric powder add 2 cups water cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add Salt,Fenugreek powder, Coriander powder, Red chilli powder and Sugar or Jaggery cook for few more minutes in high flame.
- In a meanwhile take Rice flour in a small bowl add little amount of water make it like liquid paste. Add this paste to Pulusu and add little amount of water and cook for 1 minute and off the flame and take out in a serving bowl and add few fresh coriander leaves and serve as a side dish with piping hot white rice.