Potlakaya Kura - Snake gourd curry
Snake Gourd (Potlakaya in Telugu) is popular vegetable in India.In southern part of India both long and small variety of Snake gourds available in the market. It is one of the easy digestive vegetable. Toay's my post is simple and easy Andhra style Snake gourd curry.
- Chopped Snake gourd pieces 2 cups
- Whole red chillies 2
- Black gram(Udad dal) 1 table spoon
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Mustard seeds 1 tea spoon(optional)
- Vegetable oil 1 tea spoon
- Salt 1 tea spoon
- Curry leaves. few
- Grated coconut 1 tea spoon (optional)
- Take Washed Snake gourd and cut it into half and remove the seeds and chop.
- Heat oil in a pan in medium heat and add Split Whole red chilli pieces,Black gram fry for few minutes then add Cumin seeds fry for few minutes till to splutter.Then add curry leaves fry for few minutes.
- Now add chopped Snake gourd pieces and mix well then add Salt and little amount of water and mix well and cover.
- Cook in medium flame till Snake gourd pieces to become soft. Now add grated coconut mix well and switch off the flame
- Serve with piping hot rice and topping with little ghee (clarified butter).
- If Snake gourd is too tender no need to remove seeds.
- Some times this vegetable come with a bit hairy,then after chopping add little amount of salt to chopped pieces and mix well with hands and after few minutes water come out from snake gourd pieces,then press snake gourd pieces with both the hands and remove the water from pieces and cook.