Undrallu- Steamed Salty Rice Rawa Dumplings - Andhra delicacy for Ganesh Chaturthi
Ganesh Chaturthi Wishes to All
In Andhra homes usually offerings for Lord Ganesha are salt savory is Undrallu a steamed round shaped Rice rawa dumplings and Kajjikayalu a Sweet savory made with Maida,jaggery or Sugar,Coconut and Ghee.
Today's my post is Undrallu
- Rice 2 1/2 cups (250 gm)
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Bengal gram 1 table spoon
- Wash Rice in clean water for 2 to 3 times and drain the water in the Rice with the help of sieve and spread them on the dry cloth for one hour to become dry.)
- Then take this cleaned Rice in mixer grinder jar and coarsely grind it. Then sieve it.
- Now take fine Rawa and flour separately.
- Ready made Rice rawa also available in the all Indian grocery stores.
- Measure Rice rawa and keep it aside.
- Now heat water (here water needed 5 cups water for 2 cups Rawa) in a wide thick bottomed vessel.
- Add salt,cumin seeds and washed Bengal gram to boiled water.
- Now reduce the heat and add Rice rawa and mix well and cook in medium flame for 2 to 3 min. till water to absorb and cover the vessel and cook few min. in medium heat and off the flame. Keep it aside to become cool.
- Now take cooked Rawa in a wide plate.
- Wet the hand and make Rawa into round shaped small balls and keep them in a plate.
- Heat 2 to 3 cups of water in a Idly vessel or Pressure cooker.
- Keep Rawa balls in Idly plate and steam it for 10 min. and off the flame.
- Serve Piping hot Steamed balls or Undrallu (topping with little Ghee) along with Ginger chutney