Pudina Pulao - Mint Rice
Pudina Pulao - Mint Pulao with Vegetable Raita
Pudina is a nice aromatic herb. Today i bought a huge bunch of Pudina from market.I thought to prepare simple and easy aromatic Pudina Pulao along with Vegetable Raita.
Preparation time : 20 min.
Cooking time 15 min.
Serves : 4
Ingredients for Pudina Puree:
- Pudina leaves 1 small cup
- Fresh Ginger small piece ( 20g.)
- Garlic pods 2
- Salt 1/2 tea spoon
- Lemon juice 1 lemon juice
- Green chillies 2
Take Pudina leaves,Ginger,Garlic pods Green chillies,Salt and Lemin juice and little amount of water in a mixer grinder(small) jar and grind well till to fine paste. Take out in a bowl and keep it aside.
(Instead of fresh Ginger and Garlic pods we can use store bought Ginger garlic paste .)
Ingredients for Pudina Pulao:
- Basmathi Rice or Raw Rice 2 1/2 cups(wash Rice soak it for 10 min. and drain it in colander.)
- Pudina Puree 1 small cup
- Chopped Onions 1 small cup
- Garam masala 1 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder 1 tea spoon
- Salt 1 table spoon
- Vegetable oil 3 table spoons
- Water 5 cups
Mehtod for Pudina Pulao:
- Heat vegetable oil in a Pressure cooker on a stove top in a medium flame.
- Fry Chopped onions for 1 min. then add Garam masala,salt,Red chilli powder and fry few min. and then add Pudina puree and cook for few min. till raw smell to go.
- Now add drained Rice and salt mix well and cook for few min.
- Then add water and mix well and cover with lid and cook in a medium flame for 4 to 5 min. till 2 whistles to come. Off the flame.
- Serve piping hot Pudina Pulao with Vegetable Riata.
Ingredients for Vegetable Raita:( Mixed Vegetable Curd Chutney)
- Curds (Yogurt) 2 cups
- Chopped vegetables Carrot) 1 cup
- Chopped Green chilli 1 (green chilli is optional)
- Salt 1 tea spoon
Take Curd in a wide bow and beat few seconds with beater and mix all chopped vegetables and salt. Serve with Pulao.