Crispy Gram flour Butter Munchies - Butter Murukku (Venna Jantikalu)
Butter Murukku (Venna Jantikalu)
Murukku is a traditional savory snack from southern part of India. Today's post is easy and simple Murukku preparation.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
- Gram flour or Besan 1 big cup 250 gms.
- Rice flour 1 small cup 100 gms.
- Butter 20 gms
- Salt 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder 1 tea spoon
- Cumin powder or Ajwain powder 1 tea spoon
- Water to knead (approximately 1 cup)
- Vegetable Oil for frying 3 to 4 cups
- Take Gram flour,Rice flour in a wide bowl.
- Now add Butter,Salt,Red chilli powder,Cumin powder mix well.
- Add water slowly to flour and make it into soft dough.
- Fill this dough to Murukku maker.
- Heat Vegetable oil in a heavy bottomed pan in a medium flame.
- Care fully Press Murukku shape directly to hot oil
- And fry for few seconds in both the sides till golden brown color.
- Drain Murukku on an oil absorbent paper.
Gram flour and Rice flour
Gram flour,Rice flour,Salt,Butter,Cumin powder mix and Murukku soft dough
Murukku maker,filed Murukku soft dough