Aaloo bahar is a mild spicy and delicious recipe from North India. It is very well go with Rotis,Parathas,Nan and Piping hot plain Rice.
- Potatoes 10 (medium size potatoes clean and remove the skin and cut into half)
- Ginger 1 tea spoon ( i used fresh grated ginger,we can use ginger paste also)
- Garlic 1 tea spoon ( i used 4 cloves make it into small pieces,we can use garlic paste also)
- Onions 5 (cut it into rings)
- Garam masala 1 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder 1 tea spoon
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Coriander powder 1 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Lemon juice 2 table soons
- Vegetable oil 3 table spoons
- Fresh coriander leaves 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Heat oil in a pan in medium heat add Potatoes and cook for few min in high flame.
- Then reduce the flame sprinkle little amount of water and close the pan with lid and cook for 2 to 3 min. till Potatoes cook well.
- Remove the lid and fry for few min till moisture goes well and oil will come out.
- Now add Onion rings fry in medium heat for 2 to 3 min till Onion turn into golden brown.
- Then add grated Ginger and Garlic pieces fry few min.
- Now add Turmeric powder,Coriander Powder,Cumin Powder,Garam Masala Powder,Red chilli powder and Salt mix well and cook for 1 min.
- Then add Fresh coriander leaves and Lemon juice and Toss well and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot.