Basic Plain Dosa is a Indian Crape which is prepared with Black gram lentil(Udad dal) and Rice
- Black gram(skinless black gram(Urad daal) 1 cup
- Raw rice or Idly Rice 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil 1 cup
- Take skinless Black gram in a separate bowl and Rice in separate bowl and wash thoroughly with water. Then add enough water in each bowl to cover them about to deep. Soaked in 7 to 8 hours. Best is to soak overnight
- Drain soaked water from Black gram and Rice and wash with clean water and grind both Rice and Black gram separately in mixture grinder or in wet grinder or in Food processor adding little little amount of water till smooth batter.
- Mix the both batters in big large bowl and add salt mix well. Keep it in warm place to ferment for 7 to 8 hours.
- Heat a Tawa or Griddle over a medium flame.
- Pour one cup full of batter in the middle of the pan and spread like thin Dosa and pour a little vegetable oil on the edges while cooking,when Dosa become crisp fold and take it into serving plate.
- Serve with Coconut chutney and Sambar.
- I served with coconut chutney and spice powder(Karappodi) topping with little clarified butter.
Dosa batter before fremenation
Dosa batter after fermentation
Laddle full of Dosa batter
Spread Dosa on Tawa