Yesterday i am cleaning my Fridge...in this process i saw one packet full of Dates....this is the wonderful result........in this chutney i added somes Apricots and Raisins also....
- Dates 1 cup(de seeded and cut into small pieces)
- Raisins,Apricots 1/2 cup(Apricots also de seeded and cut small in to pieces,Raisins are seed less directly i used)
- Jaggery 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder 1 table spoon
- Salt 1 table spoon
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon(pounded coarsely in Mortal)
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon(Fry for few min(till seeds turn it to brown color iand nice aroma comes)in a Pan,pounded coarsely in Mortal.
- Tamarind juice 2 table spoonsspoon
- Water 2 cups
(Instead of Tamarind Juice we can Use White Vinegar or Lime juice also.)
- Heat thick bottomed pan and put all the above ingredients and cook over medium heat for 30 to 40 min. till the chutney thickens.
- After chutney become cool store it into clean and dried glass jar or bottle.
- Serve with Indian breads or any Rice items....i served with Mooli Paratha(Radish Paratha)
Pieces of Dry fruits
Dry Fruit Pieces,Spiced Ingredients
Mixer of Spices and Dry Fruits in Pan
Dates Chutney is ready to Serve