Cuisine of Kashmir
- Basmati rice 1 cup(wash and clean and soak 1 hour in clean water)
- Water 11/2 cup and 1/2 cup milk
- Butter 2 table spoons
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Pepper powder 1 tea spoon
- Cloves 2
- Cinnamon small piece
- Cardamom pods 2
- Ginger 1 tea spoon (grated)
- Fruits 1 bowl(pineapple,apple,banana,pamegrenate)
- Dry fruits each two(cashew,almond,raisins)
- Salt for taste
- Heat butter in Pressure cooker in a medium flame.Add bay leaf,cloves,cinnamom, cardamon pods fry for few min.Then add ginger, cumin powder,pepper powder and dry fruits mix well and add washed rice and salt and mix well.
- Then add water,milk close the lid with valve and cook for 4 to 5 min.
- After cooker become cool remove lid.
- Take out in a serving plate and garnish with fruits.
- Serve with Dum Aloo.