This Chutney is served with all time favorite Savories or break fast recipes like Idly,Vada,Dosa and Upma etc. My sons used to call this chutney white coconut chutney,because of this color.It is a very good accompanist to all Indian savory recipes.it is very easy to make.
- Fresh coconut 1/2 kennel
- Roasted Bengal gram(Putna,Dalia,Gulla sanaga pappu) 1 cup(around 50ml)
- Green chillies 2
- Salt 1/2 tea spoon(generally in this chutney takes less salt.)
- Water 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- (Red chillies 2(small red chillies i used here,red cillies are optional for seasoning)
- Mustard seeds 1 tea spon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Asafoteda pinch
- Curry leaves 3,4
- Cut coconut in to small pieces.Clean green chillies and cut into small pieces.
- Take coconut pieces,roasted bengal gram and green chillies in a mixie jar and grind well.
- Now add salt in this mixture and add little amount of water and grind well.Check the chutney is too thick then add little amount of water and grind well to become smooth.
- Take this chutney in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a small pan add red chillies,mustard seeds,cumin seeds and black gram fry for few min.well till the mustard seeds splutter and add asafoteda and curry leaves and turn off the flame.
- Add this seasoning to the chutney and mix well.
- Serve with Idly or Upma or Dosa or Vada etc.