Andhra style Spicy Coconut Chutney(Kobbari Pachadi)
Andhra style Spicy Coconut Chutney(Kobbari Pahadi)(కొబ్బరి పచ్చడి )
- Coconut 1/2 coconut (grate nicely with coconut grater or in mixer grinder)
- whole red chillies 4 +1 (1 is for seasoning)
- Black gram 1 table spoon
- Bengal gram 1 table spoon
- Cumin 1 table spoon
- Fenugreek seeds 1 tea spoon
- Tamarind 50g
- Salt 1 tea spoon full
- Vegetable Oil 50g
- (Sugar 1 tea spoon optional)
- Turmeric 1/2 tea spoon
- water 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- cumin seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Asafoteda little 5g
- vegetable oil 1 table spoon
- Heat oil in a pan add black gram and bengal gram fry 2 min.
- Next add cumin and fenugreek seeds fry them till the seeds has to become brown.
- After they become brown add whole red chillies and fry 2min.While we fry red chillies they blow then we turn of the flame.(don't over fry red chillies).Keep aside to become cool.
- Now blend or grind all fried ingredients in a blender or in a mixie jar.After they blend well add grated coconut,turmeric,salt,tamarind and sugar blend or grind well,then add little little water blend nicely to become smooth. Take it in a serving bowl. decorate with seasoning.
- Heat oil in a small pan,then add mustard and cumin seeds fry 1min till the seeds become splutter then add asafoteda and whole chilli(break it in to two half)fry 1min.(here we can add curry leaves,).and off the flame add this seasoning in to coconut chutney.
Coconut,whole red chillies,cumin seeds,salt,bengal gram,fenugreek seeds,black gram,tamarind
Black gram,bengal gram,fenugreek,cumin are frying in vegetable oil
Red chillie added fried seeds
Grated coconut and bleneded fried spice mix
Coconut chutney is ready to serve.