I have been inspired by one of my favorite blogger friends Nik and have tried her recipe:
She is a great lover of Indian cuisine, she has even tried one of my dishes -"microwave cauliflower and tomato curry" and Aloo-Gobi from Manjula's Kitchen.
I'm really thrilled to see her version of my recipe in her blog. My special thanks to her, Nik do see my version and give me your wonderful comments.
Today I'm trying my style of pickled chillies. These "chillies" are actually from my garden. (they became quiet large and less spicy by the time I harvested)
Ingredients for preserve:
- Green chillies 250g (clean and dry,cut in half)
- Salt 100g
- Lemon 2no.
- Take a clean bottle
- Fill bottle with chillies
- Squeeze the 2 lemons, Add the Salt
- Close the lid and shake well.
- Shake the bottle for a while for the next 3 days so that the salt and lemon juice mix well (This preserved chillies and we can use after one week.)
Method of making pickle:
- Tamarind - 50g (this is a tangy and sweet fruit)
- Sugar - 50g
- Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons full
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon full
- Fenugreek powder - 10g.
- Garlic - 5 cloves
- Take hot water in a bowl add tamarind into the bowl after a few minutes mash it with your hands to a thick pulp.
- Separately heat oil in pan then add the "preserved chillies" and garlic cloves.
- Fry in a slow flame for 2 to 3 mins.
- Now carefully add tamarind pulp and sugar - mix nicely
- Cook in high flame for 3 to 4 mins. It will become like a thick syrup.
- Now turn-off the flame & keep it aside till it becomes cool.
- Then add fenugreek and turmeric powder in this chilli base and mix well.