Microwave tomato rasam and karam papad
Looking at some of my blogs, my younger son telephoned me and asked me to show how to make tomato Rasam in microwave. Frankly saying, i never tried Rasam in microwave.I usually make it on the gas stove. This is the first time i tried it in microwave. My family didn't even realise that it was microwave made. It came out well. Here is the recipe for my microwave Tomato Rasam. Hope you like it...
1. Medium sized tomatoes 2 (cut into dices)
2. Tamarind little( 10 gm)(make it like paste with little hot water)
3. Water 250 ml
4. Coriander powder 1/2 tea spoon
5. Cumin powder 1/2 tea spoon
6. Turmeric very little(2 gm)
7. Garlic 1 clove (nicely grated)
8. Crushed peppers 1/2 tea spoon
9. Salt 1 table spoon
10. Sugar 1 tea spoon
11. Coriander leaves for decoration
12. Ground pepper 1/2 tea spoon
1. Ghee (clarified butter) 1 table spoon
2. Asafoetida a pinch
3. Mustard seeds 1/2 a tea spoon
4. Cumin seeds 1/2 a tea spoon
1. Rasam base:
Pour water in a microwave safe bowl, add tamarind paste, tomato dices, salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder, grated garlic, coriander powder, crushed peppers, ground pepper and sugar. Now close the lid and set the timer for 3 min in microwave mode. Take this Rasam-base in serving bowl keep it aside.
Take another microwave proof bowl and add ghee, mustard and cumin seeds. Set the timer for 2 min. Remove from oven and add this seasoning into the Rasam-base, and mix well.
The Rasam is ready! Serve with hot rice and papad or serve like soup.
A Bowl of Tomato-Rasam with white Rice and karam papad
Method for eating Rasam: Pour it onto the rice,
Mix it well(ideally with hand)...
eat with papad.
P.S. Indian cuisines are mostly eaten by hand.