Ginger Chutney (Allam Pachadi)(Sweet,spicy and tangy chutney)
Ginger Chutney or Allam Pachadi is a chutney from the state of Andhra. Usually this chutney is very popular in all Andhra Pradesh homes. This chutney is served as a side dish with Pesarattu( green gram dosa), Vada, Idly or simply with curd rice.
- Whole Red chillies 5
- Bengal gram 1 table spoon full
- Black gram 1 table spoon full
- Fenugreek seeds 1 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds 1 table spoon full
- Tamarind 10g (soak in hot water)
- Ginger 10g (clean and remove skin and cut into pieces)
- Sugar or jaggery 3 table spoon full
- Turmeric 1/2 tea spoon
- Vegetable oil 1 table spoons
- Water 1/2 cup
- Salt 3 tea spoons
- Vegetable oil 1 table spoon
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Asafoteda 1/2 tea spoon
- Heat 1 table spoon oil in a pan, when oil is hot add Bengal gram and black gram fry 30 sec. on medium flame.
- Then add cumin and fenugreek seeds; fry till seeds turn brown( it will take 1 min time.)
- Now add whole red chillies and fry for 1 min; turn of flame and keep it aside to become cool.
- Blend or grind all this fried mixture in a blender or mixer grinder,then add ginger pieces,soaked tamarind,salt,turmeric and sugar in this mixture; blend or grind well along with little water.Add little water to make a smooth batter.
- Take this batter in to serving bowl keep aside
- Heat oil in a small pan; add musard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoteda. Fry till seeds splutter. Turn off the flame.
- Add this seasoning into ginger batter.
- Now Ginger chutney (Allam chutney) is ready to eat.
- Enjoy this chutney with Pesarattu or Upma or Idly or Vada.
Black gram,Fenugreek seeds,Bengal gram,Salt,Cumin seeds,Whole red chillies and Tamarind
Skin removed ginger
Benagal gran black gram,cumin seeds,fenugreek seeds frying in oil
Whole red chillies along with fried seeds