Microwave cauliflower and tomato curry







I made this curry in a microwave oven in an emergency. At times when no other cooking equipment is not available and a quick serving is impending, this would work as a great alternative.I thought of sharing it with you all.

Ingredients:

1. cauliflower 200 gms (wash florets and cut into small pieces)
2. onion 1 ( cut into small dices)
3. tomato 1 (cut into small dices)
4. green chilli 1 (cut into small pieces)
5. ginger small piece - for taste (cut into small pieces)
6. jeera (cumin seeds) 1/2 tea spoon
7.salt 1 tea spoon
8. red chili powder 1 tea spoon
9. oil 1 table spoon
10. turmeric powder - a hint

Method:

1.Take a microwave safe bowl
2. Place all ingredients in this bowl in layers; first pour some oil; put in jeera, then as the next layer place onions, chillies,tomatoes,ginger,and in the next layer cauliflower and finally, on top of all, sprinkle chilli powder,salt, and turmeric.
3. Close the bowl with its lid, place it in the microwave and set time for 5 minutes
4.Remove from microwave; stir so that all ingredients are mixed well. Serve with hot rotis (Indian bread) or steamed rice or any other main course.
Enjoy a crisp and tangy cauliflower curry!



Comments

  1. So easy! I have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers,
    Nik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rani,I have a friend who does not understand English and he told me you ougth to install the google translator on your site to read your recipes. I love this recipie, thank you for sharing. Cheers Marimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marimi:
    thanks for the suggestion. I am trying to do it today. In the meanwhile, i found that google chrome as a web browser helps in instant translation while visiting a website. May be your friend could try it in the meanwhile. I will post you back as soon as i instal the google translator.

    Let me know if you tried any vegetarian dishes from your end, i would like to know and try them.
    Nice day ahead! Rani

    By the way, thanks for cheering me up on this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nik:

    Thanks for your motivating words. Let me know how you liked it. Cheers. Rani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Rani! I tried this recipe today. I cannot thank you enough for this. I already told you that it looked good, but it tastes even better. Besides, this is great for me, because I arrive home very hungry and I can be enjoying lunch in 10 minutes.

    Please keep posting recipes like this and teaching us about Indian food and Indian cooking.

    Best,
    Nik

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Nik

    When i saw your post i got very thrilled. nice to know that you made cauliflower and tomato dish. Congrats.i will surely post more microwave dishes which can be made in 10 to 15 minutes time. Thank you for your wonderful post.

    warm greetings
    rani

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi shanthi

    Thanks for visit my blog.

    cheers
    rani

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rani!

    I have published my version of your dish in my blog, with a link back to yours. You can see it here:

    http://en-cintura.blogspot.com/2011/02/aloo-gobi-gobi-curry.html#more

    There is a translation widget on the right column.

    Cheers,
    Nik

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Kayam" A Special Recipe for a Special Occasion!

South Indian Filter Coffee