Palak Moong Dal Seaosned with Garlic - Garlicky Greengram Spinach Curry
Dal (Lentil) is a source of proteins for balance diet. In my home Dal is a regular accomplishment with lunch meal. Usually i will add leafy vegetables or some Vegetables to my regular Dal preparation. Today's my post is inspired by Moong Dal Palak Curry is from Bhavana's Kitchen.
Palak Moong Dal Seasoned with Garlic
- Palak (Spinach) 1 Cup, chopped
- Moong Dal (Green gram) 1/4 Cup (Soak Moong Dal 10 minutes in 1cup of water)
- Tomato 1 big, chopped
- Cumin seeds 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder 1 tea spoon
- Asafoeteda little
- Onion 1 small, chopped
- Ginger 1/2 spoon grated
- Green Chilli 1 tea spoon
- Garam Masala 1 tea spoon
- Garlic 4 to 5 pods,remove skin
- Curry leaves few, chopped
- Vegetable oil,Ghee 1+ 1 table spoons
- Salt to taste
- Water 3 to 4 cups
- Heat 1 table spoon Vegetable oil in Pressure Cooker in a medium heat.
- Add Cumin seeds fry for few minutes till to splutter,then add Asafoteda,Turmeric powder,Chopped Onion and saute well and fry for few minutes
- Then add chopped Tomato and cook for few minutes and add Moong dal(Green gram) with 2 cups of water and mix well and cover the pressure cooker with valve and cook for 2 to 3 minutes to 2 to 3 whistles to come..off the flame.Keep aside to become cool
- Open Pressure cooker pan when cool and add chopped Palak (Spinach) and Salt mix well and add 1/2 cup water cook for 2 minutes in medium flame and add Garam Masala and cook for few minutes and off the flame. Take out Palak Dal from Pressure cooker in Serving bowl.
- Heat Ghee in a small pan fry Garlic pods for few minutes till turn to golden color and add chopped curry leaves off the flame and add Garlic seasoning to Palak Moong Dal.
- Serve hot with Indian bread or White Rice.