Ah... preparing lunch that too healthy lunch is a big task, whether we are preparing ourself or for kids or husband is a big challenge in the house. We know we want healthy options that keep fit and energitic. Today in my post i thought to share Healthy lunch ideas
Lite and Healthy Exotic Lunch Idea.
Lunch for 2 people:
1. Ajwain Roti- Carom Seeds Indian flat Bread
2. SpicyTomato herbal Dal Spicy herbal Tomato Lentil Broth
3. Palak and Tomato Curry Spinach and Tomato Curry
4. Salt and Spicy Dahi Spiced Yogurt
5. Tomato,Onion Salad
How to prepare Ajwain Roti:
- Whole Wheat flour 200gms.
- Ajwain(Carom seeds) 1 tea spoon
- Salt 1/2 tea spoon
- Water 100 ml approximately.
- Take Wheat in a wide bowlflour.
- Add Salt,Ajwain to Wheat flour mix well with hands.
- Then add water slowly to Wheat flour and make it like soft dough.Cover it keep it aside for 15minutes.
- Divide dough in to small balls shapes (around 6).
- Roll it on flour dusting surface into round thin circle Roti
- Now cook it Roti both the sides on Roti Pan for few minutes
- Remove from Pan and put directly to stove top flame Roast it both the sides.(
- Apply little Ghee (Clarified butter) or Oil to Roti and serve.
Spicy Tomato herbal Dal - Spicy Tomato herbal Lentil Broth
- Tuar Dal (Pegeon peas or Lentils) 1 small cup
- Tomato 1 big( clean ,cut in to small pieces)
- Green chilli 1(split half)
- Ginger 1 tea spoon (grated or paste)
- Red Chilli powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Water 4 cups approximately
- Vegetable Oil 1 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Mustard seeds 1 tea spoon
- Garlic pods 2 (cut into small pieces)
- Curry leaves few
- Whole Red Chilles 1 (optional)
Spicy herbal DalMethod:
- Clean and wash Tuar Dal.
- Take 3 cups water and Tuar Dal and Tomato pieces in a Pressure cooker.
- Cook lentils in medium heat for 1 to 3 minute till 2 whisles to come.Off the flame and keep Pressure cooker aside to become cool.
- Add Salt, Green chilli,Ginger(grated),Red chilli powder,Turmeric powder to cooked Dal mix well and cook for 2 minutes,and off the flame.( If need add little amount of water to cooked Dal to become smooth texture)
- Heat Vegetable oil in a small pan add Cumin seeds,Mustard seeds fry for few min. till seeds to splutter.Then add Garlic pieces and Curry leaves fry for few min.
- Add this seasoning in to Dal.
Palak and Toamto Curry - Spinach and Tomato CurryIngredients:
- Spinach (Palak) 1 cup
- Tomato 2 (cut into small pieces)
- Onion 1 ( small cut into small pieces)
- green chilli 1 (cut into small pieces)
- ginger small piece (grate it)
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Red chilli powder 1 tea spoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil 1 table spoon
- Sugar tea spoon
Spinach and Tomato Curry
- Take vegetable oil in microwave safe bowl; place it in the microwave and set time for 30 sec.
- After 30 sec add Cumin seeds,green chilli pieces,onion pieces and ginger set time for 1 min.
- After 1 min add spinach, tomatoes, salt, red chilli powder, sugar and little water; close the lid and set time for 5 min in high power.
- After 5 min. check the curry and mix well take it serving bowl.
Serve Ajwain Paratha along with Spicy Toamto herbal Dal,Spinach and Tomato Curry,Spicy Curds(Take low fat Curds in a bowl add little Salt and Cumin powder mix well and serve ina small bowl) and fresh Tomato and Onion rings Salad and 1 Cup White Rice.
Healthy Exotic Lunch