Making delicious fruit preserves or Murabbas with seasonal fruits is a great option to store and eat.
Today's my post is Amla Murabba - Goosberry sweet preseve. This wonder fruit have lots lots of benifits.
- Amla-Goosberry 10
- Sugar 2 big cups
- Water 2 litres
- Lemon juice 1 spoon
- Salt a pinch
- Cardamon powder to flavour 1 tea spoon
- Wash Amlas thouroughly.
- Prick them with fork and soak them in palin water for 3 ot 4 hours.
- Then drain water and take out Amlas in a seperate bowl.
- Boil water in a separate pan add Amlas to water and cook in high flame for 10 minutes.
- Drain water and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a thick bottomed pan and add sugar to boiling water and mix well.
- And bring the Sugar syrup to boil and now add Amlas and cook for 15 to 20 minutes in slow flame till Amlas to become soft.
- Keep and cover in cool dry place for two days, so that the Amlas soak in the Syrup.
- On third day drain the Amlas from Sugar syrup and boil the the sugar syrup till it reduces 1 to 2 third consistency,now add Cardamom powder,lime juice and salt mix well boil for few minutes and add Amlas cook for 2 to 3 minutes off the flame.
- Keep aside to become cool.
- Then store it in glass jar.