Bhindi Masala - Okra Fry
Okra (Bhindi) is favorite vegetable in our home. We love to eat this vegetable in any form.Today's my recipe is simple North Indian delicacy in my way......
- Bhindi (Okra) 500
- Vegetable oil. 100ml
- Cumin seeds. 1 spoon
- Yogurt 1 Table spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Chilli powder 1 tea spoon
- Salt 1 tea spoon
- Take washed and cleaned Okra(Bhindi)generally Okras are hairy and after cutting sticky by nature,so first wash okras into clean water and pat dry them on dry cloth and then cut off the both ends and slice them into small round shape pieces and keep it aside.
- Now heat Oil in a wide thick bottomed pan.
- And add cumin seeds and fry for few min.till seeds to splutter.
- Then add Okra pieces and cook in high flame for few min. and reduce the flame into medium heat and add Yogurt(yogurt will reduce the stickiness of Okra and give great taste) and mix well and close with lid and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add sir fry for few minutes and then turmeric powder,cumin powder,chilli powder,Garam masala and salt mix well and stir fry in high flame for 1 to 2 minute till Okra pieces to become separate.
- Off the flame and take it into serving bowl.
- Serve with any Indian breads or Plain Rice.