Aloo Bonda is a popular Indian Snack. Made with mild spicy mashed potato balls dipped in to Chick pea flour or gram flour batter and fried into vegetable oil. This wonderful snack is enjoyed by all.
- Potatoes 3
- Green chillies 3
- Ginger small pieces
- Salt To taste
- Asafoeteda 1/2 tea spoon
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Besan (Bengal gram or hick pea Flour) 3 cups
- Baking Soda 1/2 tea spoon
- Vegetable oil To fry Bondas
- Take Washed and cleaned Potatoes, cut them in to 4 big pieces.
- Take them in a in a Pressure Cooker add 4 to 5 cups of water.
- And cook them for 4 to 5 min. in a high flame till 4 to 5 whisles to come.
- Off the flame keep pressure cooker aside to become cool.
- After Potatoes to become cool peel the skin of potatoes and mash the boiled potatoes well and keep it aside.
- Take Green chillies and Ginger in a mixer grinder jar and grind it and keep it aside.
- Mix this Green chilli Paste in to mashed Potatoes and add Salt ,Asafoteda and mix well. Make this spicy mashed potato in to small balls.
- In a mean while take Besan( Gram flour)in a wide bowl add Salt, Turmeric powder,Baking soda and mix well and add water slowly to make it like a thick batter
- Heat Oil in a Pan to fry Bondas.
- Dip each mashed potaoto ball into Besan batter coat well and drop it in to hot oil and fry in a medium flame till turn in to golden brown color. Place them out in a oil absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with Tomato sauce or Green chutney.