Bitter gourd Stir Fry - Kakarakaya Vepudu
Bitter gourd is one of the favorite vegetable in our home. That too this vegetable have bunch of health benefits.Today's my recipe is a simple and tasty Stir fry.
- Bitter gourd 2
- Onion 1
- Vegetable oil 2 table spoons
- Salt 1 table spoon
- Red chilli powder 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tea poon
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Bengal gram flour (Besan) 1 table spoon
- Water 1/4 cup approximately
- Fresh coriander leaves few
- Clean Bitter gourd with water and cut it into a small pieces.
- Cut Onion into small dices.
- Heat Oil in a Pan.
- Add Bitter gourd pieces and cook in a high flame for 1 min.
- Then reduce the flame add little amount of water and close the pan with lid and cook for 2 to 3 min.till Bitter gourd pieces to cook well.
- Now add Onion pieces,fresh Coriander and cook for 1 min. in a medium flame.
- Then add Turmeric powder,Salt,Red chilli powder,Cumin powder increase the flame and fry for few min.
- Then add Gram flour(Besan) and fry for few more min.In this stage curry may stick to bottom of the pan so mix well and and cook for 1 more min. And off the flame.
- Serve with Rice or any Indian Bread.