Leafy vegetable is always good for health. Today's my recipe is Amaranth leaves and Yellow split lentil(Moong Dal) Soup. Amaranth leaves are similar in taste to spinach. In fact, it is very delicious taste than spinach. when compared to spinach, amaranth has more to offer as it has higher concentrations of calcium, iron, phosphorus, and vitamins. Yellow (Moong Dal) split lentil is a highly nutritious,good source of protein,iron,potassium and dietary fiber.
- Yellow split Lentil 1 small cup
- Amaranth leaves 1 small cup(clean and cut in to small pieces)
- Tomato 1 big( clean ,cut in to small pieces)
- Green chilli 1(split half)
- Ginger 1 tea spoon (grated or paste)
- Black Pepper powder 1 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Water 4 cups approximately
- Butter 20g.
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Garlic pods 2 (cut into small pieces)
- Clean and wash Yellow split Lentil.
- Take 3 cups water and lentils in a wide thick bottomed vessel.
- Cook lentils in medium heat till lentils to become smooth.
- Now add Amaranth leaves,tomato pieces into cooked lentils and add 1 cup of water and cook in a medium flame for 5 to 6 min.( If needed add more water)
- Add Salt, Green chilli,Ginger(grated),Black Pepper powder mix well and cook for 1 min. Off the flame.
- Heat Butter in a small pan add Cumin seeds fry for few min. till seeds to splutter.Then add Garlic pieces fry for few min.
- Add this seasoning in to Lentil Soup.
- Serve piping hot Soup with Garlic Bread ( I served with Mint Garlic Paratha)