The months of heavy rains have stopped and now Manipal is looking warm and pleasant, the mornings are bright and warm and we are finally able to see the Sun shine. Totally in my town Navaratri begins with pleasant weather. Happy Navaratri to all.
My today's recipe is Moong Dal Vada, which I offered as a Prasadam to my Goddess. Inspired by Manjula's Kitchen
- Whole Moong 2 cups( soaked in water 5 hours)
- Potato 2 (boiled)
- Green chillies 3 to 4(mash it mortal)
- Ginger small piece(grate it nicely)
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Asafoeteda 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1 table spoon(optional)
- Oil for frying
- Clean soaked Moong dal thoroughly and grind it coarsely in mixer grinder
- Remove the skin of boiled potatoes and mash it nicely.
- Coarse Moong dal batter and mashed Potatoes take it in a wide bowl add Green chilli mash,Grated ginger,Cumin seeds,Asafoteda,Salt and lemon juice mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When oil comes to boiling point drop1 spoon full of batter in to oil and fry 4 to 5 batches of Vadas till golden brown color.
- Serve with Fresh Coriander chutney.