Festival celebration means gathering with relatives,wearing new clothes,eating good food. All over India Snacks are very important food for festivals,either Sweet savories or Salt savories.Lots of lots of varieties are made in homes. Between October and November, Deepavali or Deewali is major big festival celebrated all over India.
In this festival every house is filled with sweet snacks and Salt and spicy crunchy snacks. I thought to post some Snacks recipes what i know ....Todays my recipes is Murukku, it is a South Indian Salt Crispy Crunchy Snack.
- Rice flour 2 small cup
- Butter 1 table spoon
- Salt 1 tea spoon
- Lemon juice 1 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Green chilli paste 1 tea spoon
- Vegetable oil for frying Murukkus
- Water needed for making dough app. 1 small cup
- For making Murukkus need Murukku maker press
- Take rice flour in a wide plate.
- Add salt,cumin seeds,Butter,lemon juice and green chilli paste in this rice flour mix well with hands.
- Now add little little amount of water in to flour make it like smooth dough.Keep it aside for few min.
- In a mean while heat oil in a pan in a medium heat
- Now take half amount of rice flour batter in Mrukku make,r press Murukku shapes in butter absorbent paper or big size zip lock bag.Make like these shapes 3 to 4 Murukku shapes( depending upon our paper size)
- Now carefully drop it into hot oil and fry carefully turn it into both sides till they become crisp and golden brown color.
- Then take it out in paper napkin.
- Let it fry all Mutukkus and keep it a side to become cool.After they become cool keep it in air tight container.