Dahi Aloo recipe inspiration is from Manjula's Kitchen
Potato curry in creamy yogurt and rich spicy gravy. It can be served as a side dish with any Indian breads and rice items. I served with Methi Paratha(flat Indian bread stuffed with fenugreek leaves)
- Aloo (Potatoes) (medium size) 4(boil,and cut into medium size pieces)
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- vegetable oil 1 table spoon
- Asafoeteda 1/2 tea spoon
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Besan (gram flour) 2 spoons
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Coriander powder 1 tea spoon
- Garam masala powder 1 tea spoon
- Chilli powder 1 tea spoon
- Green chilli paste 1/2 tea spoon
- Ginger paste 1 tea spoon
- Bay leaf 1
- Salt 1 table spoon
- Water 1 cup
- Fresh coriander leaves few
- Heat vegetable oil in a(medium heat) non stick pan.
- Add asafoteda and cumin seeds fry for few min until they crack.
- Add boiled potato pieces and bay leaf mix well and stir fry for 2min.
- In a mean while take a wide bowl add yogurt,water,salt,besan,cumin,coriander,chilli powders,green chilli paste,ginger paste,turmeric powder,garam masala powder mix well with beater.
- Now add this yogurt spice mixure in to stir fried Aloo and mix well and cook for 3 to 4 min. in high flame.(If gravy is too thick add some more water and cook for few min.)
- Now turn off the flame and decorate with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with any Indian breads or rice items.
- I serve with Methi(fenugreek leaves stuffed wheat flour Indian flat bread) parathas.