Toady Ugadi means New Year for some States of India. Happy Ugadi to all.
According to Hindu mythology beginning of New era.In this auspicious day people eat jaggery,neem flower as a mark of happiness(sweet-jaggery) and sorrow(bitter-neem) so that both are taken eqaully. I don't like to boring you.......
Today's my recipe is Healthy Spinach Paratha and Spicy Pomegranate raita.
- Whole wheat flour (Aata) 2 cups
- Spinach 1 cup(lclean and cut into small pieces)
- Cumin,Salt, 1 tea spoon
- Garlic 5 cloves(cut into small pieces)
- Ginger(grated) 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1 tea spoon
- Water 1 cup
- vegetable oil for shallow fry 1 small cup
- Take whole wheat flour in a wide bowl.
- Add Spinach and spices and salt in whole wheat flour and mix well.
- Add water slowly in to flour and make it into soft and smooth dough.Close with wet cloth and keep it aside for 20min.
- Then make spinach dough into small balls.
- Then press each spinach ball gently like thin circle like paratha
- Heat non stick pan in a medium heat and place this paratha on the pan and shallow fry both the sides with little oil until light brown.
- Serve hot Spinach Paratha with Pomegranate raita and sweet lemon pickle.
Pomegranate Raita is very easy to make.Here i have taken low fat yogurt.Take 200ml low fat yogurt in a bowl and add 1 tea spoon salt,1 tea spoon chilli powder,1 tea spoon cumin powder,1/2 kennel pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves mix well and serve with Spinach Paratha.