Healthy Low Fat Spinach Paratha(Spinach Indian Bread),Spicy Pomegranate Raita
Toady Ugadi means New Year for some States of India. Happy Ugadi to all.
According to Hindu mythology beginning of New era.In this auspicious day people eat jaggery,neem flower as a mark of happiness(sweet-jaggery) and sorrow(bitter-neem) so that both are taken eqaully. I don't like to boring you.......
Today's my recipe is Healthy Spinach Paratha and Spicy Pomegranate raita.
- Whole wheat flour (Aata) 2 cups
- Spinach 1 cup(lclean and cut into small pieces)
- Cumin,Salt, 1 tea spoon
- Garlic 5 cloves(cut into small pieces)
- Ginger(grated) 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1 tea spoon
- Water 1 cup
- vegetable oil for shallow fry 1 small cup
- Take whole wheat flour in a wide bowl.
- Add Spinach and spices and salt in whole wheat flour and mix well.
- Add water slowly in to flour and make it into soft and smooth dough.Close with wet cloth and keep it aside for 20min.
- Then make spinach dough into small balls.
- Then press each spinach ball gently like thin circle like paratha
- Heat non stick pan in a medium heat and place this paratha on the pan and shallow fry both the sides with little oil until light brown.
- Serve hot Spinach Paratha with Pomegranate raita and sweet lemon pickle.
Pomegranate Raita is very easy to make.Here i have taken low fat yogurt.Take 200ml low fat yogurt in a bowl and add 1 tea spoon salt,1 tea spoon chilli powder,1 tea spoon cumin powder,1/2 kennel pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves mix well and serve with Spinach Paratha.