Pesarattu (Pesara means green gram ,attu means Dosa or crape or Pan cake)) is a delicacy from southern state of Andhra Pradesh break fast recipe).This delicious Whole green gram Dosa is eaten with ginger chutney(dip).Simply this Crispy Dosa enjoyed with cumin and ginger topping or onion and ginger and chillies topping.Today i am going to show your how to make Pesarattu (green gram dosa) seaoning with onion dices,ginger pieces,and green chilli pieces.
- Whole Green gram 200g (పెసలు) (2cups)
- Water 400ml
- Salt 2 tea spoon (according to taste you can add salt )
- Ginger 50g (cut into small pieces)
- Onion 2(cut into small pieces)
- Green chillies 2 (cut into small pieces)
- cumin seeds 1 table spoon
- Ghee 50g
- Vegetable oil 50ml
- Wash and clean Whole green gram.Soak in water for 5 hours.(in winter season you have to soak 2 more hours)
- After 5 hours strain the water, clean once with water and blend in blender till it becomes a smooth batter.(add a little water if necessary)
- There is no need to ferment this batter. This batter can be kept in fridge for one day only.More than one day the taste may not be good.In winter season it can stay 2 days.Usually this dosa is made with freshly ground batter.
- Take this batter in a separate bowl add salt and cumin seeds mix well. Keep it aside.
- Now take onions remove skin and cut into small pieces,then take green chillies cut into small pieces,then take ginger remove skin and cut into small pieces.Keep aside.
- Heat Non-Stick Tawa(Pan) in a medium flame,take ladder full of green gram batter and pour it in tawa and spread thinly with the help of ladder and pour oil in the all sides of dosa,then take onions,chillies and ginger pieces press it in center of dosa,then pour 1 tea spoon ghee and fry in a medium heat till dosa becomes golden brown color. Onion pieces should not burn,so you have to do this process in medium flame only.
- Now turn this dosa into second side,and fry few min.
- Then turn this dosa again and fold it into half and take into serving plate.
- Now Serve hot pesarattu with ginger chutney.or coconut chutney
- Usually Pesarattu - Upma is wonderful combination with ginger chutney.And a cup of coffee.Then heaven is in your feet.
- In my next post i will show you how to make Upma.(Upma is one more break fast recipe)
Whole green gram (soaked in water)
Whole green in mixer grinder vessel
After grinding in mixer grinder,Green gram batter, toping with cumin seeds
Diced onions,ginger,and green chillies
Laddle full of green gram batter on non stick tawa
After spreading batter dosa looks like this
Pour oil in all sides
Topping with onions,ginger and green chilli pieces
Turn into second side
Hot Pesarattu Serve with ginger chutney