Microwave vegetable stir fry
This is one of my great blogger friend Garluti's vegie recipe Salted Cauliflower With Beetroot. I liked the way she presented it with widely variant colours.
I tried this recipe, but added a few spices of my own. My family enjoyed this recipe with hot rotis(Indian bread). They liked it very much. They appreciated it even more when they found out that it was inspired from Garlutti's recipe. Thank you a lot, Garlutti- you made my day.
Please try this dish and let me know how did you like it. i look forward to your views.
Here are the ingredients and the procedure that i followed:
1. Potato 1
2. Beetroot 1
3. Cauliflower 3 florets
4. Salt little
5. Black pepper little
6. Whole milk 1/2 cup
7. Processed cheese 1 slice
8. Sunflower oil 2 t. spoons
9. Turmeric powder a little
10. Red chilli powder a little
11. Cumin powder a little
1. Microwave the potato and beetroot in high power mode for 5 min or till the vegetables' consistency becomes soft. Keep them aside to cool naturally.
2. Microwave the cauliflower separately for 2 to 3 min in high power mode. Keep aside. (If not cooked microwave for another 2 min.)
3. Remove the skin of the potatoes and beetroot. Cut them into small pieces and keep them in separate bowls. Cut the cauliflower also into smaller florets and keep aside in another bowl.
(Cut and keep the beetroot separately from the other vegetables to avoid them from getting stained by the beetroot's colour.)
4.Heat sunflower oil in a pan. Stir fry the cauliflower and potato on a medium flame for 2 min. Then add turmeric, salt, chilli powder, black pepper and mix them well. Fry for 2 more min. on a medium flame and turn the flame off.
5. Take whole milk in a separate bowl. Add the slice of cheese into it. Carefully mash the cheese in the milk with a whisk.
6. Add this milk and cheese mixture it into vegetable base . Mix well and cook for 1 min on high flame. Turn off the flame.
7. Take this cooked cauliflower into a serving bowl. Serve with the beetroot pieces and garnish with some coriander leaves.
(I served the beet root and the cauliflower separately to keep the colours intact.)
8. The salted cauliflower and beetroot is ready to eat. Enjoy with hot roti or bread.