Today I have harvested Egg- plants from my garden. My elder son asked me to make low spice curry. So i tried out this version of my curry. It come out well, so I thought of sharing this recipe with you.
Baingan -Tamatar ki Curry(BrinjalTomato curry)
- Baingan (Brinjal) 100g (Cut into long pieces)
- Tomato 100g (cut to small pieces)
- Onion 100g(cut to small dices)
- Jeera (Cumin) 10g
- Vegetable Oil 1 table spoon
- Curds (yogurt) 1/2 small cup
- Milk 1/2 small cup
- Salt 1 tea spoon
- Red Chilli powder 1 tea spoon
- Green chilli 1 (cut small pieces)
- Ginger 10g grate it
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Heat vegetable oil in Non stick Kadai(pan), add jeera (cumin) ,fry 3 sec. in a slow flame.
- Now add the diced onions, green chilli pieces and grated ginger mix well then add tomatoes ,cook for 1min. Then add turmeric ,salt and chilli powder. Mix well. Now add the Baingan(Brinjal) pieces. Mix well. Sprinkle little water in the curry and cover the pan with a lid and cook 2 to 3min.
- When the Baingan(Brinjal) becomes soft, add (yogurt) curds and cook for 2 min on a low flame. Cook till the curd gets mixed into the curry.
- Add milk and cover the pan. Cook for 2 more min. Milk will get dissolved completely into the curry and the oil will come up. Now curry is ready.
- Serve with Steamed white rice or Chapathi.