Roti - Tawa chapathi (Indian Bread)
Roti or Tawa Chapati is an Indian Bread made from whole wheat flour(Aata). It is very popular in northern and western part of India.
Today i am going to show you how to make Roti or Tawa chapathi (Indian Bread).
1. Whole wheat flour 2 cups
2. Water 1 cup
3. Ghee or Butter 1/2 cup (for applying on the Roti)
1. Take Wheat flour in a wide bowl.
2. Slowly mix water in this flour, knead well. It has to come to a consistency of a soft dough.
3. Keep it 30 minutes a side.
4. Make the dough into small round balls.
5. Take one dough ball; dust some dry wheat flour on its top of it. With the help of a wooden chapati-roller, flatten the dough into a round thin circle(Roti).(Use enough dry flour to avoid the dough from sticking to the wooden roller).
6. Carefully place the flattened dough on a pre-heated tawa(pan) on a medium flame.
7. Heat the roti on till both the sides till slighty brown.
8. Remove from Pan and place the roti on the flame till roti balloons up.
Wheat flour and water
Soft knead dough
The same dough in smaller balls
Roll the dough into a round roti base.
Heat the roti on hot pan
Remove from pan and place on flame till the roti balloons up.
Remove from flame and apply little Ghee or butter on its top.
Serve hot Roti with vegetable curry and Tomato - onion Rita(Curd with vegetables)
This is a Thali (meal) with Roti, vegetable curry, tomato- onion Raita and cup of Peas Pulav.